Monday, April 28, 2008

What HOPE!

OH MY!

....oh my goodness, I was crying crocodile tears watching this slideshow. My kids came in the room and wondered what was wrong with me!
    For many years, the music of SELAH has been a blessing to my life.  A few years ago we went to a fundraiser for the local crisis pregnancy center and SELAH gave a concert. There are some songs they sing that speak volumes to me. The lead singer w/the group is Todd Smith, and this slideshow was made for his daughter, Audrey Caroline, who is now in the arms of Jesus. It is written and sung by her parents. AND for 9 months they experienced "life" with her in her mother, Angie's womb. Just an unbelievable testimony. Everytime I've read an update I cry. I just can't imagine. 
   I think what strikes me the most in the slideshow is the JOY and the LIFE that they express even in the face of death. wow. It's only because of JESUS and I know HE has carried them through this valley, just as Angie carried such a precious baby. What a promise...... "I Will Carry You" from our Heavenly Father. They have that HOPE and therefore in those pictures you sense peace, you see smiles, you see love, you see HOPE....you see JESUS!

Romans 15:13
"Now may the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit."

2 comments:

Darin and Jody said...

I agree that is it wrong that it is so long since we have gotten together. Caily is fast approaching her first birthday, which is crazy in itself. Anyway, we will have to work on getting together sometime soon. I don't mind that you have us on your links. Have a great day.

Kristin said...

So Abby, mother of 4 children...I need some lessons from you. How in the world do you keep up with more than one site? Hope your week is going well. Love the corn pictures. And I must agree that the story of Audrey is amazing. I am so thankful we have a God who brings us through those tough times. blessings to your family~