Monday, July 28, 2008

My Monday

means: 
.....recuperating from a busy weekend 
.....itching because I am working up a sweat cleaning & cooking! Rise in body temp. or heat induces my itching. Talk about annoying!  
.....5 loads of laundry which was washed, dried, & folded (thanks to my 8yo daughter for helping me w/this one!) 
.....cleaning up each room in the house, only to be followed by my 3yo making his little trail (i.e. MESS!) behind me 
.....meditating on Scripture. HOPE of God's Word helps me get through a day! 
.....vacuming carpets, baseboards, and tile floors. 
Man, how does so much dirt get tracked in everywhere? 
.....continually reminding kids to "think of others as more important than yourself" 
.....breaking up arguments amidst brothers, in the 1 foot deep tiny pool outside 
.....helping my son make his newest project, a homemade bow & arrow set he's created 
.....chatting with dear friends online in between all this
....always encouraged by friends, some who are even far away 
.....helped my two oldest type/send emails & pictures to their friends in Tennessee. One of them typed themselves & needed constant spelling help, the other one dictated his to me, which he'd say something, then change it, then change how he said it, etc.....so FUN to hear what they want to say to their friends far away.  
.....making 2 meals, one for my sis & family of 8, who is sick & the other for us and out of town company joining us tonight! 
.....cutting up 2 bowls of watermelon, making cookies & 2 banana puddings, 2 salads, and more 
.....doing dishes from all the above 
.....cleaning the floors & kitchen because of the above 
.....somewhere in there getting lunch made for the kids 
.....and cleaning up their drips & stickiness from eating watermelon 
.....sitting down with my daughter for 5 minutes of "photo booth" FUN! MyPicture 
.....cleaning bathroom sinks, toilets, & tubs 
.....thinking about how tomorrow at Schlitterbahn with my family & friends coming into town will be a wonderful break after today! And that it's FREE!  .....picking up cars & "race tracks" made throughout the house. I guess the kids could have picked them up, but they were playing so sweetly outside (finally!) during that time! 
.....listening to praise music that is playing on my iTunes every time I walk through my bedroom 
.....being reminded of what Christ did at the cross, that he alone is HOLY and good and righteous. That HE is a shelter in my storm, and His LOVE is deeper than I can fathom. That even in the mundane, daily jobs of a mom HE is worthy to be praised!  
Now, the question is: How am I going to fit in SCHOOL time amidst all this starting a few weeks from now? Now that.......I DON'T want to think about today!  

And here's my hard working 3 year old! He spent at least 20 minutes vacuming (the same rug!) for me!
IMG_0428  
Watcha doing, Chan?
IMG_0429  
A serious job
IMG_0430 IMG_0431 
IMG_0432 
IMG_0433 
IMG_0439  
IMG_0445  
IMG_0446 
IMG_0443 
IMG_0437  
What FUN this little guy is! IMG_0447  

(I've filled in this post for the past few hours, when I walk by the computer, but now I'm finally done I think!) And I think I'm done "working" for the day. But a mom's work is really never done!

4 comments:

sullyssite said...

Your little guy is so cute! Tell about it... (work is never done...) thanks for the encouraging comment. We are moving for sure. We found out today. I'm a little nervous,which is why the song I'm hearing right now (from your blog) is really encouraging. Keep us in your prayers.
~liz

jo said...

Busy Momma. Thanks for the sweet emails. Its such a highlight for the kids. We miss you guys.

Jen S said...

Wow! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, we wouldn't trade being moms for the world, would we??

Love ya,
Sweetma Liz