Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just a few things~

To be grateful for.  
Sometimes making a list like this helps me when there are things I could complain about, but know that I shouldn't.  

That even though I am still sick & throwing up it's a good sign of a healthy pregnancy.  

That I have only lost weight so far instead of gained it. (that's typical for me)  

That there are actually some days when my itching doesn't even bother me AT ALL!  

That God's Word is a comfort to my soul.  

That I have family & friends who are praying for me.  

And that I can pray for others, usually at night when I can't sleep.  

That my 9 year old daughter can crack & cook eggs, which makes for one less time that I have to throw up!  

That my kids are great at loading and unloading the dishwasher.  

That my daughter folded ALL the laundry the other day while watching a movie w/her brothers.  
That my boys spent hours playing ATTACK Uno this afternoon and just laughed and laughed!  

That when I dozed off this afternoon on the couch, even when my boys disappeared on top of the roof (I woke to the sound of loud footsteps above me!) the Lord kept them safe!  

That my son is able to get speech therapy, which I didn't think possible.  

That my husband watches the kids every Tuesday night so I can so sing for 3 hours w/my ensemble.  

That I will now be re-imbursed for mileage every week to and from rehearsal. (our group got a grant! yay!)  

That my husband works hard for US everyday!  

That my grandmother & daughter are spending the day together and cooking all kinds of things up for us!  

That Jesus died for ME. And that his death & suffering are not in vain, & neither is the sufferings of His saints. PTL!  

That I don't have to fix dinner tonight, and we can eat at church for $14 for 6 of us!  

And I know these are only a few, and I'm really just getting started.  
I needed to do this exercise for my soul right now. 
 

What are you grateful for today????

1 comment:

Jen S said...

What a beautiful post, Abby. Especially since we chatted the other night and I know how sick you have been. How encouraging that you are able to keep your eyes on the Lord and His goodness to you! God bless you!!