Wednesday, July 08, 2009

My birthday....

AND our 11th Engagement Anniversary!  

My wonderful parents who brought me into this life 34 years ago! They sure do age well. I hope I get the same genes.

IMG_5133
Seth had mom & dad join us for breakfast on my birthday, July 3rd.......just as they had taken me to breakfast 11 years ago when Seth SURPRISED me and showed up with a question & a ring! SO, this year, Seth had another surprise for me. When the waitress brought out the food we ordered mine came in this.....

IMG_5117 

But it wasn't food.  
(The following pics are actually RE-enacted LOL)

IMG_5120

IMG_5122 
IMG_5124  

I was pretty excited. Although I knew this gift was coming at some point, I didn't know exactly when! In fact, I had thought it was coming last October on our 10th anniversary. So, I'd kind of forgotten about it since then. See, my wedding rings have not really fit me since over 4 years ago, and not only that but they had totally worn down. 

IMG_5125 
So, I was given these brand new platinum rings with my same diamond! They were beautiful!

IMG_5130  

What a FUN birthday breakfast surprise!  
The rest of my day was spent at home with my family & doing some shopping and then I left all SIX of them to go get a pedicure! That was a gift to myself, I guess. Almost fell asleep in the massage chair there. Maybe I should have given myself a nap instead. No, I wanted red toenails, and softer smoother heals....just cuz.  

That evening, we got together with all my family. Here's all the girls, minus the 2 babies. What a blessing my family is, and that they are nearby. 
IMG_5150 
My cake is almost always patriotic themed. 
IMG_5155 
 
Some of my sweet nieces waving their flags from Grandma~ IMG_5157 

IMG_5161

IMG_5162 
IMG_5165 
IMG_5181 

IMG_5182 

IMG_5184  

My sis lining the kids up for a patriotic parade......

IMG_5170  

Ready to march.....
 

The blonde & the brown~
IMG_5179 


It was a great, tiring, fun day! I thank the Lord for another year of life! And for another year of FREEDOM in Christ, and FREEDOM here in our country!

2 comments:

jo said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend!! What beautiful rings. I'm so happy for you and your red toenails!

Jamie said...

Abby,
It was so great to see your post and then find your blog! You also have been blessed with such an amazing family, God is so good! We really enjoyed looking at your pictures and finding out about your life. We hear updates from time to time through the grapevine, but now we can see for ourselves. Happy birthday and many blessings,
Jamie and Gary