Sunday, June 22, 2008

A BIG Thank You!

To all the friends & family that hosted us, loved us, played with us, and served us throughout the past weeks on our trip!  Thanks for the beds, spots on the floor, fun & fellowship, conversations, singing, & yummy food (Although I think I'm not going to want hot-dogs for quite some time now. I think we counted we had them at least half a dozen times! It seemed to be the easiest most "fun" meal to fix for our family as we traveled through!) :winky:

We had a wonderful time seeing everyone and all of you mean SO SO much to us! We are VERY blessed to have such wonderful friends and family and it makes all the miles we traveled SO worth it!

I got to meet some of my cousin's spouses for the first time, some of my long-time friends adorable children, and even meet new family members.  The youngest being my sweet nephew, Ian, who is 9 months old and the oldest family member we saw was a cousin of Seth's Granny, who is 102 years old! He knew exactly who we were, where we lived, and was alert and talkative the 30 minutes we spent with him. He even told us he's see us next time we were through there! (which who knows when that will be!)

How fun it was to see.....

....a dear friend I met in Russia 15 years ago, Michelle (& meet her adorable 4 girlies!)

....another family who I've known since I was 9 years old, the Clements, who have a special place in my heart

....Holland, who was the ring-bearer in our wedding almost 10 years ago (& he's now 16!)

....an old roommate & friend of Seth's, Vic Carpenter, from the Boone, NC days (& his family!)

....wonderful cousins & aunts & uncles that we hadn't seen in YEARS! We had a blast at the beach & the mountains!

...."Aunt Cassidy" & her husband & soldier, Andrew, re-united

....and the kids finally meeting Andrew, who they couldn't help but call him "uncle" :happy:

....some of my dear girlfriends, Amy, Kari, & Cindy (& their families) who have meant to much to me especially the past 3 1/2 years

....fun friends that the kids just LOVED

....dearest friend, Joanna & her awesome kids! (& hubs too)

....former Wakefields & former Prescotts :winky:

....Seth's old pastors when he was growing up, the Bracketts & Woodys 

....kids I used to babysit!

....that Tiffany got to see a bunch of dear little girl-friends, which was so special for her!

....and other friends of friends that we got to meet was a bonus too!


Like I said, we are blessed. Blessed to have these people in our lives, and grateful for them allowing us to stop in on theirs for either 30 minutes or a few days! :happy: 


             

   

                                                       


1 comment:

jo said...

Aww Abby. We miss you guys! The pictures of the church are too much and about the time my throat was getting tight and I wanted to cry- I hear you music and I had to laugh about that night that I couldn't get the music to quit already on that one site I was lookin at remember???
I love your song though.
I'm mournin that camera loss. You know how even I loved your camera.