Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Still Memories~

On our trip we took quite a bit of video. But it is now lost. Barring a miracle, lost forever. Or someone has it, and it means nothing to them.

This past Saturday evening when we were at a family birthday party at the river, my camera bag (& it's contents.....which included my rebel xti camera, 2 lens, and our new canon digital video camera, and all the memory cards for both) was accidentally left in the parking lot instead of getting loaded up in the car with the rest of our things.  

I remembered asking my dear husband to put it in the car as he was loading up, but sadly he remembers hearing that maybe, but not doing it. Nor did he unload it with everything else when we got home. I was quite sick still on Sunday and it never even crossed my mind. By the time I needed the camera on Monday morning, I noticed it was no where to be found.  I have since called the security at the river park, every family member & friend who was there with us, gone to the parking lot myself and posted 8 "LOST" signs at the park entrance and throughout the nearby neighborhood. So far, no calls. I am hoping an honest person picked it up and just didn't know what to do with it and Lord willing will see one of my many bright big signs out there! 

I AM thankful that I had downloaded ALL my pictures from the trip! But we hadn't had a chance to download any of the video. We took some of where we got married, special places Seth visited many times when he was a boy, lots of family members who we probably won't see again, and other fun family stuff we did. But, still memories will have to do for this trip. And now I don't know when I will be able to replace any of it, so I won't be capturing memories anytime soon myself. 

I AM thankful that I lost "just" my cameras at the river and not a child or something. Always look on the bright side, right? 


And I'm more than bummed about what I've lost, but happy that I have some really special pictures still. 


These are of the church where we got married, outside of Pell City, Alabama (near Birmingham) almost 10 years ago. 

IMG_7986 IMG_8018 


It was fun going there w/the kids and having OUR daughter take the pics! 


IMG_7996

IMG_8004 IMG_8013

And now we are a family of 6! (Although it sure was hard to get us all in with me holding the camera!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Abby, I am so sorry. I feel your pain...I have done it and it is a bad feeling. Love the pictures. We will have you guys over when the pool is finished.

motherofseven said...

What a great church to be married in! Great pictures and memories all the way around. So happy you were able to be back at the beginning of it all! Love you all and glad u found the all important camera and that you are back safe and sound!!!