Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On a Wednesday afternoon~

I heard sweet playful noises in my bathroom today. And here's what I happened upon. IMG_0904  
It was some cowboys & horses! No, they weren't the ones making the noise, it was this sweet imaginative boy of mine! 
IMG_0901  
And he spent a good hour in there!
IMG_0899 
IMG_0896 
IMG_0900  
Then I walk into the dining room moments later, and my other son is imaginative in a different way! IMG_0922 
IMG_0917 
IMG_0916 
IMG_0920  
IMG_0921 IMG_0906  
Can you guess what he's dreaming about?  
IMG_0913 
IMG_0908 IMG_0909 
IMG_0907
He really is a pretty good......I mean, this mom of his thinks he is.  
He's quite determined and works for HOURS on these drawings. 
He will pause a movie/tv to look and draw something he sees.  
Or he will study a page out of a book.  
He's really into drawing anything that has to do with football, or drawing faces & people.  
For a while it was guns, knives, archery stuff.... I find pages of his drawings EVERYwhere. 
Stacks of them underneath his pillow in his bed too.  
Zach just really fascinates me with his giftings and his hand/eye coordination.  
If only he could transfer some of that amazing ability over to READING..... 
.....but I do realize and want to encourage him in the things he does well in.  
Reading has come, slowly but surely. I do admit, he's WAY surpassed me in drawing.  
He asked me the other day to please draw some fingers & a nose on his person... I told him that he was already better at them than I was!!!!  
Tiff's alone time usually consists of doing crafts in her room. The ones that she doesn't want the boys messing up! IMG_0927 IMG_0928  
And then there's my sweet Chandler who when it is raining outside in summer, he's still enjoying his popsicle inside and wearing his swimsuit hoping for sunshine to return!  
IMG_0941 
IMG_0944 
IMG_0936 
IMG_0937

Hope everyone had a blessed day!

2 comments:

three girls and a guy said...

Those are cute pictures Abby. You have four little sweeties. :) That's so cute Bryan was playing in the bathtub.
Love you guys! HW

Beese Bliss and Joy said...

sooooo good to hear from you! i miss you guys and treasure my memories of the fun times we used to have! and WOW! the kids are beautiful! you have added a few to your number since i lived there! and Tiff has grown into a beautiful little lady! you and seth look good...haven't aged a day! thanks for writing! please keep in touch! love ya'll, m