Thursday, November 27, 2008

Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

I am reminded of the song, "Blessed be the Name of the Lord" this Thanksgiving.
When I think back on this past year, there have been times of plenty, when abundance has flowed, AND when there has been suffering, pain, loss, & heartache. And in all of those things, I am GRATEFUL. Filled in my heart with gratitude even for the tough times, and things I haven't really understood.

"He gives and takes away. But my heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be Your Name."

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am blessed. I have so much to be grateful for. Surrounded by family on both sides who love the Lord and each other. I have a husband and children that I can't imagine my life without!

Today is a day to count my blessings, although I should be doing it everyday. Even in hardship and pain OR joy and plenty, BLESSED is the Lord and I should never forget anything HE has done for me!

No comments: