Friday, November 21, 2008

Top Ten Christmas Traditions

1)  Christmas caroling with family on a boat on the Riverwalk (Thanks to my grandparents this has been a tradition the past 4 years I think!)

2) Checking out Christmas lights WHEREVER we go. 

3) Christmas Eve GIft Treasure Hunt from my parents to the grand-kids (always pj's!)
(We always did this growing up, and now my parents do it for the kids!)

4) Memorizing the Christmas Story in Luke 2.

5) Baking goodies for friends/family/co-workers.

6) Aunt Amanda's (my sister w/Downs) Christmas party for the all the cousins
(This always involves a fun meal, a nativity story skit, costumes, treasure hunt and gingerbread cookie making!)

7) Start playing Christmas music around the house & in the car after Thanksgiving.

8) Christmas parade in the hill country.

9) Family pictures

10) Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks.


A few others I thought of were:
* Making gingerbread men on New Years Day! (getting all the goodies to put on them from the after Christmas sales!)
* The kids like to make homemade Christmas ornaments to give to friends.
* Christmas Eve Candlelight Service (although we haven't done this in a few years)
* If we're with my parents, dad has always made Creamed Eggs on Toast for breakfast (a tradition he had when he was growing up!)
* Going out and buying a Christmas Tree on Zach's birthday (November 30th)
* This year we participated in Operation Christmas Child, and in the past we've done something similar to give to other children.

Great idea, friend!!!!!

Looking forward to even starting some new traditions this year!!!!!

2 comments:

jo said...

Love your list. Yum Peppermint Mochas?? I need one of those right now!!!!

Living Life in Russia said...

I'm with you on the Peppermint Mochas! But right now I am at Starbucks trying out the Ginger Snap Latte... a close second! Steve says, "Try the Salted Caramel Hot Chocoate" We hope to see you guys in two weeks. We will be down there the first weekend in Dec. Congratulations on the baby. I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now! Miss you! --- Christine