Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I am especially grateful for my children. For God's protection over them. And for every moment, day, week, and year I have to spend with them. After hearing of this tragic accident that took place last night, my soul grieves for this family. Please pray for the Chapmans. May God surround them with HIS peace. I can't even begin to imagine. I am reminded once again to not take one moment of life for granted.  

This month, we are finishing up school for the year, with only some math left really, but today I decided to take the day "off" of academics. Know why? Well, the kids were getting along and really playing well together (which has been rare the last week or so!) and it's a nice day outside and they wanted to explore out behind our house. AND I wanted to catch up on some quiet time, and meditation on a book & some Scriptures I am reading. 

So, on this beautiful, lovely, not-too-hot-yet spring day I am sitting outside on our deck enjoying the breeze, and truth from God's Word and journaling it here on the laptop. As I was sitting here, out came the kids, ready to explore.  
 
Their whole "get-up" cracks me up!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
And since being out here, the kids have surprised me by bringing their schoolwork out here asking to do it!!!! Even the two younger ones. What a nice change! So, now I am surrounded by my little blessings who are happily working and we're enjoying the day outside. The Lord knew I needed to be encouraged with this today.  

As I am reading the book "Humility: True Greatness" here is what stood out to me today about the perils & potency of PRIDE:  

It ignores logic all together. 
It is at the core of all sin. 
It is the most difficult sin to root out. 
It is the most hidden, secret, and deceitful of all lusts.  
It refuses to acknowledge dependence upon Him.  
It contends for supremacy with God. 
It pursues self-glorification. 
It robs God of legitimate glory. It deprives God of something only He is worthy to receive. 
It is the greatest disturber of the soul's peace & sweet communion with Christ. 
It undermines unity and can ultimately divide.  

Man, when I look at pride that way, I want to have absolutely NOTHING to do with it! Drive every single ounce of it far from me, Lord!!!!! He giveth grace to the humble. Not to those who just appear and look humble, but those who are truly walking in humility before Him.

No comments: