Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thanking God

Tonight I am thanking God for the protection over my son's life. 
Our 2nd son, the strong, tough one that's quite a fighter was unconscious for a while tonight after a really bad fall. 
I could go into all the details, but let's just say it was very scary! There was a moment when I thought he was "gone." I was crying out..... "Jesus, please bring him back!" and "Bryan, come back, mommy's right here. You're ok, buddy" It's all being replayed over and over in my mind so I can't sleep tonight. He's sleeping fine though now, and we are glad to be here at home with him. He is laying right here next to me so I can hear his breathing. So far, all signs are that he will be fine. We will keep a close watch on him through tomorrow. 
My son has NO recollection of what happened. In fact when he "came to" he didn't even know where he was, or why his head hurt so bad. 
I've cried my quota for the month and although I'm still shook up emotionally I feel God's presence and sense of peace. HIS hand is on this boy's life. And HIS angels are watching over him....he's keeping them busy.  And he's keeping me trusting. Keeping me humble. Keeping me on my knees and crying out. 

3 comments:

Living Life in Russia said...

Abby, What happened?! It really is amazing how God has protected that boy again and again. We are praying for him and for you! Can't wait to see you guys in a few more months.

three girls and a guy said...

Wow, glad Bryan is okay. Hope his headaches are better today too.
Holly

Jen S said...

How scary, Abby! I am glad he is OK!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog....it is great to find your blog too! :)