Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Wishing for sleep.....


.....but since I am itching so bad, I can't lay down in this misery. Sleep just doesn't come easily when one's body is inflamed. I should mention though that my itching really has subsided during the daytime. Sure makes it easier to function as a mom (& teacher) when I only itch a few hours a day compared to 8 hours a day. I really am grateful. The supplement program I have been on for the past 3 weeks might be helping. I have felt a lot more energy that's for sure. My goal is to be healthier and really build my liver back up, as I have just been so deficient. I am hoping and praying that is taking place. 
But this night time itching is insane. Not only does it keep me from falling asleep, but sometimes during the night I might move and just start itching in various places on my body. I hate cold showers in the middle of the night. And I really don't like having to get ice packs to sleep on either. But sometimes that's been my only solutions lately. Or just to get up and get busy and try not to think about it until it goes away. 
 The only positive/good I see from this itching at night thing is PRAYING. I pray for many people. Those on my blog subscriptions, my family, other friends, facebook friends, and those who have shared specific requests with me. Keeping my mind focused elsewhere sometimes helps the time pass more quickly.
  And for now, until it subsides, I am keeping my hands busy typing this post and will share some recent pictures.  
We have some really great neighbors, in fact they aren't just our neighbors, they are THE Neighbors!  We have been blessed to have this Christian family live next door to us since last fall and they homeschool too! One certain child in particular lov
es it because they have 3 girls!!!! Tiff & her friend, Jordan, spend hours talking to each other and "playing" through the fence. They do crafts, eat lunch, read books, write each other letters, and more. If it was allowed, they'd both probably bring their school out there and do it everyday. But I have this feeling, they'd get sidetracked and not get much done.  


These two boys crack me up. Well, and other times make me extremely tired. 
Their energy level is continuous (unless sleeping) and their voices can be at such high decibals, it's almost deafening.  They are a delight to my heart though and I can't believe how fast they are growing up before my eyes!



And this son intrigues me. If he is not doing school, he seems to always be busy making, creating or building something. Although his daddy is the one who built this tree fort so high off the ground. But the finishing "touches" (i.e. sides/roof/extras) have been added by Zach.
Below, maybe you will notice the thin rope (more like string, actually) around his neck that is also attached to a thicker rope that is attached to something in the tree fort. 
Somehow I think this is not safe. 
After taking these pictures, I told him to come down and de-tach himself.
He has become my "special challenge" lately in the parenting department. I am needing daily wisdom from my Father as I train, discipline, and teach him. And the times he spends with his daddy is ever so valuable & needed right now. I hope & pray we're doing this parenting thing right.......no one said it would be easy, but there is no following a manual or a 1,2,3 step by step plan in all this. It's called seeking God and trusting Him. And continued prayers, love, & hugs.  

Lots of other things running through my head at 1:30 am, but it's all so jumbled up there, and making much sense at this late hour is not likely. 
And my itching has ceased for the moment, so I'm going to bed. 
Wednesdays are our busiest day of the week, and I already don't feel I'll have enough sleep to face it. I think I will fall asleep praying for those who I know that will be facing a much tougher Wednesday than I will.

 

2 comments:

Living Life in Russia said...

Abby, I am so sorry about the itching, though I am glad it is just a little bit better. I think about you so much, especially when I want to complain about my life. You always have so much joy. It humbles me. On a side note... how did you do the picture on the top of your blog?

Kristin said...

Hey Abby~ Praying for you! I don't know how you put up with all of the itching and the lack of sleep you have because of it. I hope that your busy day went well and His grace brings you a good nights sleep.